Thursday, May 3, 2012

Wyatt, Ridley, Cooper and Ollie love Baby Led Weaning!

I've been making my own baby food for a few months now and really enjoying it. Wyatt's friend Campbell (who he actually shares a birthday with but has never actually met because he lives in CA) does baby led weaning. His super cool Mama swears by this new method to introduce solid foods to your baby. 

We decided to give it a try . . . 

 He absolutely loved feeding himself.



Surprisingly he actually ate quite a bit of sweet potatoes and so did his friends :)





For obvious reasons I can't use this method every day but once and a while when I have the time to give a baby and 3 dogs a bath its kind of fun! Not to mention it kept him occupied and quiet in his chair long enough for Jeff and I to finish our dinner which was kind of nice.


1 comment:

  1. YAYY!!!!!!! Hahaha thats awesome!! It is a total mess so I usually have him in just a diaper. I'm so glad you guys enjoyed it! Today we tried roasted red pepper. Here's a good list of foods to try:

    http://www.homemade-baby-food-recipes.com/baby-led-weaning-first-foods.html

    Can you BELIEVE they are 7 months old?!! I looove this age because they are still tiny but big, ya know??

    ReplyDelete