Sunday, May 6, 2012

We bought a house. . .

I've never considered myself a lucky person. I've never won a contest or been randomly chosen for something cool. But, 2 weeks ago we got lucky!

If you know us you know we're house hunters. For years now we've been searching for that perfect house to raise our family in.

We love West Chester and we narrowed down our search to a fun little neighborhood we found. You can read about it here. Doesn't the lake just suck you in at first glance? Boys fishing and catching tadpoles is what every Mom dreams of for her little boy. 

 I basically told Jeff that I only wanted to live there and nowhere else (I tend to get things stuck in my head). He set up a search on the MLS so that whenever a house went on the market in that neighborhood we would get a notification e mail. We've looked at 5 or 6 houses in that Neighborhood but all were just a little more than we could afford. Especially with my new salary being $ 00,0000 a year.  The Wednesday before Easter Jeff was on his laptop (surprise surprise :) and he looked up at me and said "We're moving".

We bought a multi unit when we first got married and have lived here for the last five years.
(I never thought we'd leave this compound that I've loved and hated for the last 5 years)
We weren't able to see the house until Saturday but we drove by it quite a few times before then. Us and about 5 other very interested young couples who were peeking through the windows. We looked at it Saturday and submitted our full price offer by 2 pm. 

After 1 day on the market they had 6 offers submitted. They narrowed it down to 2 including ours and somehow we got lucky. I'll never know if it was my awesome realtor :),  pure luck or God providing exactly what we needed at exactly the right time.

For years I've selfishly wanted my own house, my own yard, my own porch, my own space and peace and quiet at night without tenants. When my sister moved in I stopped longing for my own house.  I stopped wanting my own space because I love sharing it with her.  I love seeing her every morning. I love that Wyatt knows his Aunt Cait and Uncle Jeffrey more than most 6 month olds. I will miss living with them more than I know how to describe in words. For some reason that I may never know, now is the right time for us to move even though we'll miss them so much.

I guess we'll just have to convince our new neighbors to put their house on the market ;)

Here are a few pictures of the house.We have a lot of decorating/updating to do but the house overall is in great condition!


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! It looks beautiful. Gives me hope for when our turn comes to upgrade. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don’t consider yourself lucky when you get what you want by working hard for it. Getting the house is not an accident. No one will condemn you for wanting a house of your own. And I can’t blame you for wanting to live in no other place but there. The view of the lake is calming. And waking up to that scene every morning will surely make you feel serene and contented. Congratulations!!

    Rebecca Stratton

    ReplyDelete